Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I jumped on the bandwagon...
and started reading the Twilight series! That was 1 1/2 weeks ago and now I sit here having read all 4 books (and watched the movie too!) and wishing that there were more. Yes, they are that good! After numerous people telling me that I should read them I decided, why not? I must say that I am a sucker for any kind of love story but these books by far were just amazing. I could not put them down! I did nothing except read and take care of Connor. Poor kid, I don't think I have been much fun for him lately. So, my suggestion to anyone who hasn't read them yet...read them! But, like Kelly said, be sure you have nothing else going on in your life because you will not be able to stop. Also, since my original plan was for this series to be my distraction for this month I am open to suggestions of other books to read. Otherwise, these next 3 weeks will just creep by and I will not be able to stop thinking about Twilight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh my gosh Carrie...too funny! I'm not gonna do it, I'm holding out! :) I just loved The Kite Runner & A Thousand Splendid Suns. They are both very fast reads, but definitely not love stories. Anyway, just wanted to send you my suggestions. ;)
I just bought the first two books....so we'll see how long it takes me to read. I have heard tons of good things about them - but you finally convinced me. :)
I'm so glad you are reading them! You will not be sad that you decided to join the craze! Let me know what you think...hopefully you will have the series done before James gets home! Happy reading!
Carrie, you are screwed because any book you read now will not measure up! I have no suggestions and still have not come out of my "Twilight is over" depression. I find comfort in that New Moon will be made into a movie this year. Oh, go to www.stepheniemeyer.com and click on books, then Midnight Sun and somewhere on that page you can download the first half Midnight Sun, which is the same story as Twilight, only from Edward's perspective, not Bella's. It will help!
Thanks Kelly! I will definitely do that now that I am back home and settled...it will be good reading once the kid is in bed! I know what you mean about other books not being as good. I am thinking about reading the books all over again! haha! I am such a loser! I can't wait for the New Moon movie. Did you like the Twilight movie? I thought it was really good but not near as good as the book. Still worth watching though :) See you when you get back!
Post a Comment